We are far from being the only people blogging about math education on the web. There are lots and lots of resources out there to help a parent or teacher who wants to understand what is going on. This page is a very incomplete list of the really good ones we’ve managed to find.
Sites That Explain Math
Sites That Teach Mathematics
- Maths Is Fun
- Homework Help Desk
- Jordan School District Math Help
- Great Schools
- This s a website that lets you know basic grade level expectations in math, but also in many other other core subjects.
- NCTM Videos on Learning Math
- NCTM (National Council of Teachers of Mathematics) has been a huge advocate for changes in math education. They have done much of the research into how kids actually learn the math required for every day life.
- Math with Bad Drawings
- Despite its name, this is an excellent website by a math teacher who is obviously trying to bridge the gap between teachers and parents. It’s higher-level than what we cover here but still worth a look.
Articles Worth Reading
- Common Core State Standards
- Note: This is not an endorsement of the standards. The link is placed here for those who seek to accurately discuss the standards.
- Utah State Core Standards